Jonathan Rudd is a Licensing Manager supporting LVG’s physical science portfolio. In this role, he works with University of Virginia researchers on the development of their technologies to evaluate for patentability, and to identify potential commercial partners.
Jonathan joined LVG from Mississippi State University, where he served as a licensing associate to the Bagley College of Engineering for more than four years.
Before joining technology transfer, Jonathan worked in industry for the multi-conglomerate Thyssenkrupp in the elevator business unit. While there, he worked in global research and product development centers to conceive and commercialize ideas.
In his spare time, Jonathan enjoys road and mountain biking, running and being outdoors.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Certified Licensing Professional (CLP)